Gemstones are nature made pieces of crystals. Each of them belongs to different families (minerals from which they made of) like Sapphire and Rubies belongs to the Corundum family. Similarly, Emerald Gemstone belongs to Beryl Family.
In the previous blog, we discussed Sapphire gemstones (Yellow Sapphire & Blue Sapphire). Here, we will discuss in brief about Emerald Gemstone Origin, Properties, and Benefits.
Emerald gemstone is known as Panna Stone or Panna Ratna (in Hindi). These Gemstones are very vivid as compare to others. One of the main reasons, you can say; it’s color i.e. Green. However, there are many variants available in this color.
Like some Emeralds are the way to green like Colombian emerald and some are transparent like Brazilian emerald. But their Hue (primary color) is always green.
Emerald Represents Which Planet?
If you don’t believe in astrology than skip this part, but if you do then it’s for you. Each Gemstone belongs to a planet as per Indian Astrology. And each gemstone has some supernatural powers, or you can say energies with respect to their planet.
Similarly, the Emerald Gemstone receives its energy from planet Mercury or Budha (in Hindi). Yes, Emerald belongs to Mercury; the smallest planet of our Solar System.
Emerald Gemstone Origin:
Nowadays, Emeralds are available in the whole world. It doesn’t matter you are getting it from a retailer, wholesaler or you prefer to buy Emerald Gemstone Online.
But they are available for you when you need it. Ever wonder where are they coming from? Which country supplies these Emeralds to your native people? What? Got into thinking!
Don’t worry, if you don’t know. Let me tell you, each thing precisely. There are some countries in which Emerald originates naturally. Those are:
Colombia is the topmost supplier of Emerald Gemstone. In fact, it produces more than half of the total quantity of emerald gemstones in the world.
Furthermore, there is an international Center of Emerald Mining in Colombia. Colombian Emeralds are intense and deep in color.
Brazil is another country in which emerald mining is done. But the Brazilian Emeralds are lighter in color as compare to Colombian Emeralds. Furthermore, Emeralds here have no inclusions, and they are quite transparent.
Emerald mining is also done in Zimbabwe, the stones originate here are small in size, but they are very good in quality.
There are also some other countries in which Emerald mining is done like South Africa, Russia, Afghanistan, Australia, India, Madagascar, Zambia, Pakistan, and the United States.
Emerald Gemstone Properties:
Above you read all about its origin. But there wasn’t anything that tells you about how it’s made. So for that, here come its properties.
- Emerald belongs to the Beryl family.
- It includes aluminum, beryllium, and chromium.
- Its hardness reaches up to 8.0 on the Mohs Scale.
- Its chemical equation is (Be3Al2(SiO3)6).
- Its refractive index territory is 1.565 to 1.602 and Density lies in between 2.67 to 2.78.
- As I mentioned above Emerald color varies from light to dark according to its origin.
- Mostly Emerald contains inclusions and it increases its beauty most of the time.
- Furthermore, to enhance its beauty it has to be polished with oil. Otherwise, it will look more like a stone than a gemstone.
Emerald Gemstone Benefits:
Now, this is an interesting portion. Right! In the real world, if we do something, or we buy something, the first thing came to our mind is “Benefit”. How will it be beneficial for me if I buy it or do it?
No, you are not being selfish if you think like that, its human nature, and we all somewhat bow to it. So if you are looking to buy an emerald gemstone, you have all the right to know its benefits, so here they come.
- Love and Kindness are the two main advantages of wearing Emerald. It fills one’s life with happiness and passion.
- As I mentioned above Emerald relates to Mercury Planet. This planet entertains Intelligence. So Emerald helps the wearer to increase its intellect and creativity.
- It boosts up your confidence so that you won’t hesitate in front of people.
- Furthermore, wearing Gemstone enhances your communication skills and helps you to get a good command of your verbal skills.
- It reduces mental stress and stabilizes your blood circulation. So, Emeralds are very helpful for those having Blood Pressure problems.
- Women expecting babies definitely wear Emerald Gemstone. It will increase their chances to have a mature delivery.
- Being very specific, Emerald stone is extremely helpful for some professions like; Writers, Politicians, Government Officers, Auditors, Bankers, Architects, Speakers, and Neurosurgeons.
Note: These benefits work for those who have well-placed Mercury Planet in their Astrological Chart. So, don’t wear Emerald without any professional advice.
I hope I have made you a little familiar with the Emerald Gemstone. Always remember; buy a natural and lab certified emerald gemstone to attain its benefits the most.